”Fridge Raid” Puff Pastry
- For the Puff Pastry
- 1 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- any leftover vegetables in your fridge – we used:
- 1 shallot, sliced
- ½ fennel, sliced
- handful of lettuce leaves
- handful of spinach
- ½ red chilli
- 2 small leeks
- 1 red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Roughly chop the vegetables, heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and throw everything in to fry for a few minutes. Add salt and curry powder and mix through.
- Put the vegetable mix into a blender and pulse a few times until almost smooth but still keeping some texture.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a flat surface, empty the blended vegetable mix on top and spread out evenly to cover the puff pastry sheet.
- Roll the puff pastry up gently starting from the longest side and transfer onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, with the seam side facing down.
- With a sharp pair of scissors, snip across the top of the roll to just after halfway down the roll, every 2 inches, and then pull each section to alternate sides.
- Baste the top of the puff pastry with olive oil, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, then bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden and crispy.