A healthy, tasty vegan recipe for Fresh Pea & Lemon Spaghetti is a delicious and satisfying dish.
This pasta dish is so easy to make and it takes little time to prepare. You’ll need just 15 minutes of cooking time, too. The recipe includes peas, lemons, olive oil, shallots and chilli.
This recipe is perfect for those who are just starting out with a vegan diet or have been on it for some time and are looking for new ways to be more creative with their their meals.
This dish can be served as an starter or as a main meal.
Fresh Pea & Lemon Spaghetti
- For the Fresh Pea & Lemon Spaghetti:
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 small shallots, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 540g fresh pea pods (220g fresh peas, once de-podded)
- 400g spaghetti (I used gluten free)
- good amount of olive oil
- 100ml plant cream
- salt & pepper
- De-pod peas and set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water with a generous amount of salt, and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, fry off the garlic, shallot and chilli in a generous amount of olive oil (swimming in oil). Add some salt, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 mins until nice and caramalised. Then add the podded peas and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add pasta into boiling water and cook for 8 mins. Once the pasta is cooked, add the plant cream to the pan with peas, and with tongs, remove the pasta from the pot of water and add to the pan also (it’s ok if some of the pasta water comes with, for starch).
- Add fresh cracked black pepper, lemon zest and juice and more salt if needed, and give a quick toss to incorporate everything well.
- Serve immediately with lots of fresh basil on top!