- For the Flourless Brownies
- 240ml heaping cup almond butter or peanut butter (creamy + salted)
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 60ml cup maple syrup
- 2 flax “eggs” (2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 5 tbsp water, stir and let sit for 10-15 mins)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 80g cacao powder
- 3 heaped tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt For the Topping:
- 1 chocolate bar
- chopped nuts
- dry flower petals (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Chop up your chocolate bar and set aside.
- Mix all your ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Get a square baking tray and line it with greaseproof paper. Tip the brownie mix in and press down evenly with your fingers until you have an even layer. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes (the brownie layer is thin so cooks quickly). Once cooked let it cool down fully on a wire rack.
- While the brownie is cooling, melt your chocolate bar, then chop the nuts. Once the brownie has fully cooled down, drizzle the chocolate on top and sprinkle with the chopped nuts and optionally with some edible flowers. You can set the brownie in the fridge and chop into delicious square pieces.