Fennel & Orange Salad
- For the Fennel & Orange Salad:
- 1 head chicory
- 1/2 fennel, shaved
- 1 orange
- 1 handful toasted pecan nuts
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds For the Quick Pickle:
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar For the Dressing:
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- salt & pepper
- Mix the quick pickle ingredients into a glass jar and leave to marinate while preparing the salad.
- Wash and pick off the chicory leaves, leaving them whole.
- Remove the skin from the orange and slice into half moons.
- Arrange the chicory leaves around the base of the salad plate, add the oranges, fresh mint, pecan nuts and scatter the marinated pickle over the top of the salad, saving the marinade in the jar.
- In the pickle jar, add the dressing ingredients to the leftover marinade and mix well. Pour over the salad, and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds to serve.