Easter Carrot Cake Loaf
- For the Carrot Cake:
- 125ml oil (such as tasteless coconut or vegetable oil)
- 110g soft brown sugar
- 110g self-raising flour
- 80g grated carrot
- 30g walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of ground cardamom
- pinch of ground cloves For the Icing:
- 200g plant based cream cheese
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence / extract
- zest of 1 orange or lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Pour the oil and sugar into a bowl and whisk together. Add flour, carrots, walnuts, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and mix together well.
- Pour into a small loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper, and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put all icing ingredients into a bowl and whisk well until combined.
- Pour into an icing bag if you have one, and store in the fridge.
- Remove cake from the oven and allow it to completely cool. Once cooled, pipe (or spread) the icing onto the top of the cake and top off with edible flowers (I like to use multi-coloured cornflowers).