Coleslaw is a dutch side dish that has been around since the 18th century. Many adaptions have been made but this one really is a specialty! It’s creamy but guilt free, using plant based mayonnaise instead. In addition to that, the added twist of a wasabi infusion really excites the taste buds with a spicy kick that pairs well with most vegan burgers. The ultimate vegan burger recipe from my book The 7 day vegan Challenge is the perfect match though so be sure to try out both.
Creamy Vegan Wasabi Slaw Recipe
- For the Wasabi Slaw
- 1 small head of a red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- 1 apple (grated)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 100ml plant mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste For the Toppings:
- blood orange slices
- pomegranate seeds
- Slice the red cabbage and red onion, grate the apple and carrot, and add to a bowl.
- Mix together the plant mayo, wasabi paste, mustard and salt & pepper to make a dressing. Add this to the bowl and mix everything together so that the slaw is nicely coated.
- Place into a serving bowl and top with the blood orange slices, pomegranate seeds and cress.