This is made on repeat on a weekly basis in our house and on retreats. These cracker reads are the perfect vessel for dips and toppings and can be flavours to your hearts desire. Think olives, sun dried tomatoes, rosemary, fennel seeds and more. You can even go sweet with dried fruits and chopped nuts and a sprinkle or two of cinnamon and cardamon. This is great basic recipe that can be turned into many options.
- For the Seeded Crackers
- 85 g (3 oz / 1/2 cup) sesame seeds
- 85 g (3 oz / 1/2 cup) flaxseeds
- 65 g (21/4 oz / 1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 65 g (21/4 oz / 1/2 cup) sunflower seeds
- 250 ml (81/2 oz / 1 cup) water
- 30 g (1 oz / 1/4 cup) Gluten-free Flour Mix
- Preheat the oven to 180oC (350oF/Gas 4).
- Combine the flax seeds with the water and let sit for a minimum of 20 – 30 minutes. Once the flax have soaked up the liquid ad all the other cracker ingredients except the flour in a bowl.
- Then add add the flour and a glue of olive oil and mix and give it a good stir.
- Line a baking tray (baking sheet) with greaseproof paper (wax paper) and spoon out the mixture and, using a spatula or spoon, even it out on the tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take the crackers out of the oven and mark out perfect squares on the warm dough with a sharp knife, but don’t cut them through completely, just enough so that it is easy to separate them later.
- Put the crackers back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes until they are cooked through and dry.