- For the Chocolate Waffles
- 60ml melted coconut oil, plus 1 tbsp for the waffle iron
- 375ml plant milk
- 200g buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 vanilla pod (bean), scraped, or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste / extract
- pinch of salt To serve:
- peanut butter
- maple syrup
- Start by heating the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat with the almond milk.
- Place all the remaining waffle ingredients, including the melted coconut oil and almond milk, into a bowl and mix well.
- Heat up the waffle iron and dab or brush with coconut oil. I use the small waffle iron where the waffles come out looking like a four-leaf clover. Ladle some of the batter mixture into the iron and cook until super crispy.
- Once the waffles have been cooked, serve with a dollop of peanut butter, some sliced bananas and drizzle with maple syrup.