When you become vegan, finding dessert places that are cruelty free can be a struggle but struggle no more. It’s super simple to make these chocolate buckwheat waffles at home!
Cacao is refereed to as the ‘food of the gods’ which speaks for its self really. Treat yourself to this crispy chocolate waffle with a dollop of peanut butter. Then a drizzle of mayple syrup to sweeten things up. You truly deserve this!
Chocolate Waffles with Sticky Peanut Butter Vegan
- For the Chocolate Waffles
- 60ml melted coconut oil, plus 1 tbsp for the waffle iron
- 375ml plant milk
- 200g buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 vanilla pod (bean), scraped, or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste / extract
- pinch of salt To serve:
- peanut butter
- maple syrup
- Start by heating the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat with the almond milk.
- Place all the remaining waffle ingredients, including the melted coconut oil and almond milk, into a bowl and mix well.
- Heat up the waffle iron and dab or brush with coconut oil. I use the small waffle iron where the waffles come out looking like a four-leaf clover. Ladle some of the batter mixture into the iron and cook until super crispy.
- Once the waffles have been cooked, serve with a dollop of peanut butter, some sliced bananas and drizzle with maple syrup.