Chocolate & Orange Mousse
- For the Mousse
- 320ml coconut cream, good quality (or full fat canned coconut milk)
- 3 tbsp runny peanut or almond butter
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- zest of 1 orange For the Caramalised Oranges:
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 3 oranges peeled and sliced into circles
- ½ tsp of vanilla pod For the Topping:
- grated dark chocolate
- 4 slices of orange (optional)
- Empty coconut cream into a bowl and add all other ingredients.
- Using an electric hand whisk, mix together until fluffy (careful not to overblend).
- For the caramelised oranges, peel and slice. Heat a small to medium sized pan, add a dollop of coconut oil and fry the orange slices off and finish off with the vanilla.
- Build your mousse by adding a couple of orange slices to the bottom of your glass followed by the mousse.
- Spoon the mixture into glasses, top with grated chocolate and orange slice if desired.