Chocolate Covered Bounty Bites
- For the Chocolate Covered Bounty Bites:
- 6-8 large dates (I like to use Medjool dates)
- 65g desiccated coconut
- 20g coconut oil
- ½ vanilla pod, scraped, or ½ tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 100g dark chocolate buttons
- handful of dry edible flower petals, for decoration
- Carefully open the dates by cutting down one side only and remove the pips, leaving them still in one piece.
- Add the desiccated coconut, coconut oil and vanilla to a small blender and blitz to combine.
- Stuff each date with the coconut mixture, and close the date over as much as possible.
- Melt the chocolate buttons over a bain marie, then coat each of the dates with chocolate. While the chocolate is still melted, add a sprinkle of edible flowers to each one.
- Place on a plate lined with greaseproof paper and refrigerate until the chocolate solidifies.