Cookie fact for you: they originate from Persia, after the use of sugar became common in the region. Another one is, National Cookie Day is on the 4th December… Imagine only eating cookies one day a year though? It’s a no from me. Also, these cookies are gluten free and vegan! A sweet vegan treat that you can dip in a hot beverage while watching your favourite film. What a night you will have!
Chocolate Chip Vanilla Vegan Cookies Recipe
- For the Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 150g almond flour
- 4 tbsp arrowroot
- 60g flour (rice or normal)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60g vegan butter (soft, room temp)
- 60g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 2.5 tbsp water, let stand 10 mins until thick)
- 70g chocolate chips
- 20g cacao powder
- Pre-heat the oven to180 degrees.
- Mix all your ingredients in a bowl until everything is well combined. With a cookie/ice cream scoop, scoop out 8 cookies onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Once all the cookies are on the tray, gently press down with your fingers and then put in the oven to cook for 12 minutes.
- Once cooked cool on a cooling rack and eat while warm.