Buckwheat Crepes, Blood Oranges & Vanilla Almond Whip
- For the Vanilla Almond Whip
- 118ml plant milk
- 70g blanched almonds, pre soaked for 2 hours
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ vanilla pod, scraped or ½ tsp of vanilla paste or extract For the Crepes:
- 200ml full fat coconut milk
- 150ml water
- 120g buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil for frying For the Topping:
- 1-2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
- handful of pomegranate seeds
- Make the vanilla almond whip first. Once the almonds have been soaking for 2 hours, blitz them up in a food processor with the plant milk, maple syrup and vanilla to form a cream like consistency. Set aside.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the buckwheat crepes. Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan, then pour the batter into the pan, starting in the centre of the pan and continue pouring in a circular motion, winding your way to the outer edges, to create a thread-like crepe.
- Place the crepe on a plate and top with the almond cream, then the blood oranges, pomegranate seeds and any other fruit you like.