Bread Crusted Potato Wedges
- For the Bread Crusted Potato Wedges:
- 1 slice stale bread, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- pinch chilli flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed
- 1 medium potato, washed
- 100g plant mayonnaise To Serve:
- 2 tbsp sriracha or garlic mayonnaise
- handful of coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Add the bread, nutritional yeast, chilli and salt into a blender and blitz together to make the crust. This will be a flour like consistency.
- Slice the potatoes (no need to peel) into wedge shapes, then place onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. If you can, try to stand the wedges facing up with the skin facing down.
- Using a pastry brush, baste both sides of the potato wedges with the mayonnaise, keeping them upright on the tray. Then sprinkle with the crust mixture so that it sticks to the sides of the potato wedges.
- Cook in the oven for 40 mins until nice and crispy.
- These are best served up with a drizzle of sriracha or garlic mayonnaise and chopped coriander