”Bits & Bobs” Pesto Pasta
- For the Pesto Pasta
- 100g spaghetti
- 50g sunflower seeds
- handful of rocket (or other greens/herbs leftover in your fridge)
- 2 spring onions
- 60ml olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Blend all other ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Drain the pasta, keeping aside some of the pasta water, pour half the pesto onto the pasta, and mix well. If it feels slightly too thick you can add a little bit of pasta water to loosen it up.
- On a serving plate, spread some of the remaining pesto across the base, place the pasta on top, then drizzle the rest of the pesto over the top.
- This is delicious topped with pangrattato!
You can find the recipe for Pangrattato here!