Plain vegetables in general can be pretty boring, but I can tell you that a good dressing works wonders. And a tangy, tasty dressing that is available in your fridge at any given time is even better. This is a fantastic base that can be pimped up with different add-ins once one version becomes boring
- For the Big Batch Dressing
- 250 ml (8 oz / 1 cup) olive oil
- 0 ml (21/2 oz / 1/3 cup) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pepper, to taste To Add In:
- red onion
- sesame seeds
- chives chilli flakes (red pepper flakes) – for the daring spice lovers
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast – for the fully fledged vegans
- Get a small glass jar, add all the ingredients and give it a good shake. This dressing will last for up to a week in the fridge and you can pimp it up with alternative add-ins when you want to perk up the basic flavour!
- Tip: I love using recycled jars for this kind of thing. The perfect fridge staple – trust me!