- For the Banana Bites
- 2 Bananas
- 1 chocolate bar melted For the Salted Date Caramel:
- 8 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for 1 hour, plus 4 tablespoons soaking liquid
- 1 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- ½ vanilla pod (bean), finely chopped, or ½ tsp vanilla paste or extract
- a pinch of salt For the Alternative Fillings:
- Blueberry jam
- Make the salted date caramel by adding all the caramel ingredients to a clean blender and blitz until you get a smooth caramel-like consistency, then set aside.
- Chop the bananas into small circles and make a sandwich using 2 banana circles and add the salted date caramel in the middle. Place these in the freezer for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- Melt the chocolate then dip the frozen banana bites into the melted chocolate to cover them.
- Once covered in chocolate, keep in the fridge or the freezer.
- For a different option instead of the salted date caramel, you could add a layer of blueberry jam and a layer of Biscoff in the middle of the sliced bananas, using the same method as above.