This vegan aubergine & tahini dip recipe is something exciting to try on film night with your nachos. Firstly, lets talk about this vegan dip’s flavour profile which consists of a nutty, sweet and rich taste. Moreover, this vegan aubergine dip’s sweetness comes from the garlic, tomatoes and maple syrup. Secondly, the health benefits of this vegan aubergine & tahini dip recipe are impressive. Aubergines are high in antioxidants and minerals such as potassium, vitamin B6, C and magnesium.
Not only are aubergines full of nutrients but also tahini boast some great health benefits. Tahini contains anti-inflammatory compounds as well as healthy fats. In fact, just 1 tablespoon provides more than 10% of your daily value of some important nutrients. To conclude, this plant based dip is so tasty, super nutritious and is an exciting healthy dip to try.
If you make this delicious dip please tag me in your photos of your movie nights or lunches over on Instagram. I love connecting with everyone!
TAGS: Baba Ganoush | is Baba Ganoush vegan? | The best tahini dip recipe
Vegan Aubergine & Tahini Dip Recipe
- For the Aubergine & Tahini Dip:
- 1 aubergine
- 280g tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ red chilli, diced
- 60g parsley, chopped
- 70g tahini
- 20g maple syrup
- 30g olive oil + extra to drizzle
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC.
- Pierce the aubergine several times with the tip of a knife, drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until nice and soft. Remove and leave to cool.
- Chop the roasted aubergine into small pieces and add to a bowl, along with all remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine, drizzle with olive oil and serve with some homemade flatbreads!