Easy, delicious and slightly addictive. Make these and thank me later!
- For the Apricot & Sesame Seed Thumbprint Cookies
- 140 g (5 oz / 1 cup) raw whole cashews
- 160 g (51/2 oz / 1 cup) almond flour
- 125 ml (40oz / 1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 60 ml (4 oz / 1/4 cup) coconut oil - 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp (for each cookie) of apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 180oC (350oF/Gas 4).
- In a blender, add the cashews and blitz them until they turn into a fine flour. Make sure to not overblend.
- Add the almond flour, coconut oil and maple syrup and give it another whizz. Tip out the mixture into a bowl.
- Line a baking tray (baking sheet) with greaseproof paper (wax paper). Take a scoop of cookie dough (use a proper ice-cream scoop – big or small, depending on the size you want your cookies to be) and evenly scoop out balls onto the tray. 5. Make a dent in each cookie by pushing down gently with your thumb, to create a small area to fill with apricot jam. Put a 1 tsp of apricot jam in each thumbprint and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Cook in the oven for 10–15 minutes until the cookies have turned slightly golden brown. Take out of the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack. 7.Once cooled, store the cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.