- For the Apple Pieces:
- 1 apple (or can also use a pear), peeled and diced
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon For the Scones:
- 450g self-raising flour
- 30g caster sugar
- 70g vegan butter
- 200ml dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar For the Topping:
- olive oil for brushing
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Cook the apple (or pear) by heating up a frying pan with vegan butter and cinnamon, then add the diced apple and cook for approx 5 mins until nice and golden. Set aside.
- For the scones, mix the flour, butter and sugar together using your hands until combined.
- Then make a nest / hole in the middle of the mix, pour in the milk, apple cider vinegar and cooked apple pieces, and continue to mix well with your hands.
- Empty the dough onto a flat floured surface and knead for a few minutes until everything is incorporated.
- Split the dough into 6 pieces, roll each piece into a rough ball shape, and slightly flatten to form a scone shape.
- Put onto an oven tray lined with greaseproof paper, baste with some oil then sprinkle some brown sugar over the top.
- Put into the oven for 25 minutes, then serve up with some jam and a dollop of coconut yoghurt!