These delicious almond cookies take just 3 minutes to make and just 12 minutes to cook and they are so versatile. Seriously – the options are endless. You can top them with a dollop of coconut yoghurt and jam, or some Nutella and banana slices, or sandwich them together with a generous scoop of vanilla ice-cream. What will you do with yours?!
This recipe is from my second cookbook The 7 Day Vegan Challenge, out now. Grab your copy here.
- 160 g (51⁄2 oz/11⁄2 cups) almond flour
- 90 ml (3 fl oz/scant 1⁄2 cup) rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) coconut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon Dressing:
- Two-minute Ice Cream (see page 134 of The 7 Day Vegan Challenge), or your favourite store-bought to serve (optional)
- Line a baking (cookie) sheet with baking parchment. And preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Put the almond flour in a bowl and blitz with a handheld blender until you have an even finer flour. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until everything is well combined.
- Scoop out the cookies with a small cookie scoop and place on the prepared sheet. Gently push down each cookie with your hands.
- Bake in the oven for exactly 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before enjoying as they are, with yoghurt and fruit, sandwiched around ice cream, nut butter or a filling of your choice.
Make sure to tag me in your cookie creations @bettinaskitchen and use the #The7DayVeganChallengeCookAlong