VEGGIE STIR FRY
200 g thick flat rice noodles
1 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 cm piece of ginger
1/2 courgette (ribboned)
1 carrot (ribboned)
½ a fresh red chilli , optional
100 g unsalted peanuts
100 g bock choi
1 tbs of peanut butter
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain and refresh in cold water (this stops them from over-cooking) and place to one side.
- On a chopping board, peel and finely slice the onion, then peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Peel the ginger then grate finely.
- Cut the bock choi, Then thinly slice the stalk.
- Peel the courgette and carrot. Using a speed-peeler, peel the carrot and courgette lengthways into long ribbons.
- Trim and halve the chilli lengthways (optional), scoop out the seeds and white pith. Finely slice and remember to wash your hands!
- Place a wok or large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, add the peanuts, and toast until golden, stirring regularly. Tip into a small bowl.
- Place the pan back on a high heat and drizzle in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the red onion, garlic, ginger and bock choi stalks, then fry for 2 minutes, or until lightly golden, stirring regularly.
- Throw in courgette ribbons and fry for 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Then add the noodles and carrot ribbons. Toss well for a minute to heat through.
- Squeeze over the juice from half the lime, add 1 tbs of peanut butter and 3 tablespoons of tamarin soy sauce, then toss.
- Sprinkle over the toasted nuts, then serve with lime wedges for squeezing.