STUFFED CHICKPEA TORTILLA
1 cup chickpea flour
1 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups (250 grams) cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
1/4 cup (60 ml) well-stirred tahini
1 small garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
Salt to taste
2 to 3 tablespoons water
bunch of rocket
- Mix all the tortilla ingredients and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the water gradually stirring well after each addition.
- Cover batter and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (optional. I've, opted not to do this when I am in a hurry.
- Ladle batter onto a prepared skillet, greased as necessary.
- Cook until tortilla starts to brown starts to brown.
- Flip galette over and cook on the other side. When all are ready set aside and start on the hummus.
- For the hummus add the olive oil, minced garlic, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth.
- Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpea. To fix this, with the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed.
- Now lest put the tortilla together. Put your tortilla on a plate add a dollop of hummus, sliced avocado, tomato and some rocket for freshness and peppery tatste. If its to peppery use butter leaf lettuce - my favourite.