This sweet quinoa is a ridiculously easy recipe, that makes a great breakfast to enjoy on a lazy Sunday like today, or to batch-cook and take-away for your morning commute. It also makes a brilliant dessert due to its crunchy, filling, fresh and jam-packed goodness with no added sweeteners. You can even top it fresh fruit or brain and gut boosting goodies for even more nutritious benefits.
This recipe is from my second cookbook The 7 Day Vegan Challenge, out now.
- 130 g 41⁄2 oz/1 cup precooked quinoa (any colour)
- 1 eating dessert apple
- 1 pear
- 1 orange peeled
- Juice of 1⁄2 blood orange or orange
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- Plant yoghurt mint leaves or seasonal fruits, to serve Boosters (optional)
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped nuts
- Precook the quinoa according to the packet instructions or use a packet of ready-made quinoa.
- Chop the apple, pear and orange into small squares (smaller than bite-size) and put in a bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and give it a really good stir.
- Enjoy with an added dollop of plant yoghurt, a few mint leaves or a sprinkling of seasonal fruits and your chosen boosters.
Make sure to tag me in your sweet quinoa creations @bettinaskitchen and use the #The7DayVeganChallengeCookAlong